If you’re teaching writing in 2017, consider requiring Writing Without Bullshit as a textbook. Here’s why (plus a special offer to push you over the edge):
- In 2017, your students ought to have a writing book that acknowledges that writing must be different for those who read on screens.
- It uses modern real-world examples.
- It addresses writing in the real-world environment, as part of a team.
- It has sections on email, press releases, reports, and social media — the things your students must learn to write now.
- You’ll look cool if you recommend a book with “Bullshit” in the title.
- Your students will enjoy it because of the smartass tone.
- It’s only $23.99, a lot less than their other textbooks.
Here’s the bonus. If you require the book for a class, I’ll Skype into your class and answer students’ questions.
To take me up on the offer, contact me at josh at bernoff dotcom or here.
To get this offer, you must:
- Have at least ten students.
- Teach a class that meets between 8am and 9pm eastern time.
- Be one of the first ten professors who contact me.
- Share a link or email showing the required texts for your class.
I can’t wait to talk to your students!